A clogged toilet can be frustrating and unpleasant, but with the right approach and tools, it is generally possible to unclog your toilet and restore its normal function. Under this guide, you can learn how to unblock a toilet. From basic methods to more advanced solutions, you should know the tips and tricks to restore the proper flow of an unclogged toilet. By following these guidelines, you can effectively address all the toilet blockages and avoid needing professional help.
Basic Plunging Method
- The basic plunging technique is the first method to try when your toilet is clogged.
- You must put on proper gloves first to maintain hygiene and prevent any potential issues.
- Now you need to position the plunger over the toilet drain and ensure that a tight seal is formed.
- Here you have to formally push the plunger down and then pull up quickly, creating suction to dislodge the blockage. It would be best if you repeated this motion several times.
- Now you need to remove the plunger and flush the toilet to check if the clogs have been cleared. If the clog is not cleared, move to the following method.
Hot Water And Dish Soap
- Try the hot water and dish soap method to learn how to unblock a toilet.
- You must add a few cups of hot water to a bucket. You need to ensure that the water is not boiling but should be hot.
- Now you must add soap to the hot water and mix it well.
- The next step would be pouring the soapy hot water into your toilet bowl from the waist height and aiming for the center of your drain.
- This will allow the mixture to sit for at least a few minutes to help loosen the clog.
- You must flush the toilet to check whether the water drains smoothly. If the blockage persists, you must proceed to the following method.
Use A Toilet Auger
You can use a toilet auger if you have a stubborn clog that resists plunging in hot water. You can contact experts offering CCTV drain surveys if that also does not work.
- You must insert the toilet auger or snake in the toilet bowl with the curved end facing down.
- Now you need to gently push the tool into your drain, turning the handle clockwise to extend the snake further.
- You need to ensure that you constantly push and turn the handle until you encounter resistance. This will indicate that you have reached the obstruction. Once you have the blockage, you must apply gentle pressure and twist the augur to break up the clog.
- Now you need to slowly withdraw the augur from the toilet and be careful as you should not damage the porcelain.
- Now you must flush the toilet to ensure the blockage has been cleared and repeat the process if you feel it’s essential.
Dealing with a clogged toilet can be challenging, but with the proper techniques, you can resolve the issue yourself. If you feel the issue is unresolved, you need to connect with experts offering CCTV drain surveys.