Deciding which mortgage plan to choose for your home is never easy. This is a crucial decision for the rest of your life. So, before you choose a plan, you must weigh the pros and cons for both 15-year and 30-year mortgage plans. This can help you decide which one can be more suitable for you.
A 30-year mortgage plan gives you the option to pay monthly payments on the basis of the interest rate and principal amount of loan that spans over 30 years. The monthly payment will remain at a fixed rate throughout the years, and the interest rates are relatively lower given the longer time frame.
Sammamish Mortgage is a mortgage company that provides a 15-year and 30 year mortgage loan for any house that you pick. They have been providing these services for the past 25 years in cities across the USA such as Washington, Colorado, Oregon, and Idaho. Furthermore, their mortgage professionals help you find your perfect housing loan plan by allowing you to price your loan, track rates and even conduct this process online.
Reasons to opt for a 30-year mortgage
The following are some reasons why you opting for a 30-year mortgage plan would be more beneficial than a 15-year mortgage plan.
- Payment stability: The interest rates provided by the 30-year plan are the most important advantage. There is a fixed or unchanged interest rate for the whole span of the loan, making the monthly payments stable. The predictability and stability of the plan make it desirable.
- No surprises: There are different types of loans with adjustable-rate mortgage plans. In these plans, the cost of the loan could increase through the increasing and fluctuating interest rate. But the fixed-rate system removes the element of surprise and keeps you prepared and informed about your payment dues.
- Low monthly payment: Another advantage of the 0-year fixed-rate mortgage plan is that the interest is spread over a long time. This means that the monthly payment will be relatively lower. This is especially important for people without a stable source of income. A smaller monthly payment is less of a risk to take.
- Larger house: As the monthly payments are low, you can opt for buying a larger and more expensive house. You can pay for the entire house over a period of 30 years, making it more affordable.
- Offers more flexibility: The 30-year fixed-mortgage loan allows more flexibility if you in case run into any financial trouble. Or in cases where your income grows, you can pay interest faster and larger payments, which can reduce your 30-year mortgage to a 15-year mortgage.
- Lower-income individuals can also afford houses: Another benefit of the 30-year mortgage is that individuals who do not earn much or have a smaller income can also have the opportunity of owning a house. The mortgage allows you to pay for your house over a span of 30 years, and slowly, your equity can grow. After 30 years, you will own your own house.
The reasons mentioned above can make the option of a 30-year mortgage plan more desirable. However, your choice of loan plan depends upon your current financial situation and your future plans.